Smaller things usually cause more trouble and ants are the same. They are so small in size that we don’t notice ants infestations inside our home. When the temperature falls, ants invade our home and make a mess out of it. They are so small that you have to struggle a lot to get rid of them. And that’s why ants are considered one of the most common yet annoying pests in the home. In this blog, we are going to learn how and when ants attack your household and 5 things to keep in mind to avoid ants this season.
Ants and Why They Get Inside Your Home?
There are some hundred types of ants and all of them have the ability to make your life living hell. Although most of these ants types stay away from the residential area yet some can infest your house and be dangerous for you. They usually come inside to find a habitat and food to strive. As we get lazy and stop cleaning our house, the ants find their way inside and spreads like a wildfire.
5 Things You Should Do to Avoid Ants This Summer
Ants just like any other pests multiply rapidly. If they have entered a house, then the chances are they will spread like much before you get to notice them. That’s why it becomes important to make sure that ants don’t get inside your house in the first place. As they say, precaution is always better than cure, we also suggest you keep your home clean and make sure they don’t enter your house in the first place.
These are the 5 tips that you should keep in your mind to avoid ants infestations inside your home –
- Never Leave Your Food Uncovered – To avoid ants infestations, you must make sure that you don’t leave your food uncovered at any point of the day. As ants are highly attracted to food items, make sure you pack your food in an air-tight container or the fridge if you’re done eating.
- Seal Every Ant’s Entry Point – Ants are usually too small that they can enter your house even from the tiny crack in your window. If there’s any gap whatsoever in your window, seal them up with the help of sealing tape.
- Sweep Your Home Daily – Sweet food crumbs attract ants like a magnet. And that’s why you must sweep your home daily. Get rid of all the food crumbs at every cost to make sure no ants infestation. You can also vacuum clean your rug and sofa from time to time.
- Clean Your Lawn Often – Plants nearby your home is the natural habitat of ants. As the temperature falls, the ants start getting inside a shelter to find food. That’s why the expert recommends keeping your garden and lawn clean.
- Repair Leaks and Broken Pipes – Ants also attract to areas which have high moisture rate. Make sure your home doesn’t have any water leakage to avoid ants. This season, check for leaks and repair them to avoid ants as well as reduce water wastage.
Get Rid of Annoying Ants, Book Pest Control Mount Eliza
You should do every possible bit to avoid ants infestation inside your house. As we have mentioned earlier that ants multiply rapidly, it will be next to impossible for you to get rid of them on your own if they get inside your house. And if they have already entered inside your home and are annoying you, it’s time to hire a professional pest control Mount Eliza team to do the job. Get in touch with us by calling our phone number @ 03 4050 7737 and let us know how we can serve you. Our fee structure is quite reasonable as we use industry-grade pest control chemicals to provide you with the best same day Pest elimination services. Book us now!